Art Play Day
This event has already taken place
Play with clay and kinetic sand, craft your own finger puppets, screen print Christmas cards, build a hut, guess the scents of different plants, and enjoy fantastical puppet shows.
We’re hosting a FREE day of art and play on Saturday 14 December, with activities for all ages – from toddlers to teens to grown ups.
Bring the whole whānau along, and get your craft on at The Dowse from 10am – 1pm. The day includes:
All day activities:
- Clay and kinetic sand play
- Bubble blowing and chalk art
- Christmas crafts and cards creation stations
- Finger puppet making
- Ink rolling sessions
- Hut making and The Imagination Playground
- Match the smell to the plant in a sensory experience in Zina Swanson: For Vivian
- Draw patterns and create rubbings inspired by Nuku Tewhatewha
- 10:30am - 11:00pm: “The Penguin and the Sea” puppet show with Anna Bailey
- 11:45am – 12:45pm: “The Portrait Painter” puppet show with Anna Bailey
- 11:15am - 12:00pm: Christmas card screen-printing workshop (8+ years)
Parents feel free to drop off your child/children for the duration of the workshop. Limited to 20 children, sign up on the day with our friendly team at reception (bookings on a first-come, first-in basis).
It’ll be a free day of fun, creativity, exploration, making, imagination and art. We hope to see you there!