Myths, Monsters & Magical Things
09 Mar – 16 Jun 2013
Works range from jewellery to sculpture and painting to photography, drawn mainly from The Dowse Collection, by New Zealand artists: Lisa Reihana, Dave Copeland, Jane Dodd, Johnny Fraser Allen, Cliff Whiting, Hannah & Aaron Beehre, Edward Duant and Bob Gerrard; as well as Australian artist Louise Weaver's hand-crocheted golden bunny New Romantic (Golden Hare) and Indian painter Shanti Devi's The Bahagavad Gita.
Myths, Monsters & Magical Things competition—see us on Facebook for all the winners and entries
Children, enter our Myths, Monsters & Magical Things competition and you could win vouchers from the fabulous Children's Book Shop plus treats from Mine: The Dowse Shop. Pick up a postcard from The Dowse and draw a picture on the back of your own magical, mythical creature, or send us a drawing or painting. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Myths, Monsters & Magical Things Competition, The Dowse, PO Box 30396, Lower Hutt
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition is open to anyone under the age of 16 but family of staff working at The Dowse are ineligible to enter.
2. All entries must have valid contact details. By leaving your email address you agree The Dowse may contact you about upcoming promotions and events.
4. All entries must be received before 5pm on the 16 June 2013 to be valid.
5. All complete entries received on time will be entered in to the prize draw.
6. Winners will be contacted by 1 July 2013 and their names may be included in The Dowse enewsletter and social media.
7. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By sending in an entry, you accept these terms and conditions.