If your venue is interested in hosting any of the following touring Dowse exhibitions please contact:
T 04 560 1476
Maureen Lander: Flat-Pack Whakapapa
The Dowse worked with Maureen Lander to create this new three-piece exhibition, and we’re both very keen to make this beautiful exhibition available to other galleries and audiences to enjoy.
Flat-Pack Whakapapa will reach a broad cross-over audience including the general public, local weaving groups, primary to tertiary students and craft enthusiasts. In particular, the exhibition unpacks ideas around Matauranga Māori and will be a fantastic addition to a Matariki programme and the primary school syllabus which includes the exploration of identity.
“We used Flat-Pack Whakapapa as a window into Te Ao Māori in the Social Studies curriculum; discussed symbols, raranga and traditional dye techniques in the Visual Arts curriculum; explored maths through pattern and tessellation; and students from Hutt Valley High used it for inspiration for their dance achievement objective”. Cat, Senior Educator at The Dowse Art Museum.
- Sarjeant Gallery, Whanganui —— 26 May – 22 July 2018
- Te Uru, Auckland —— 11 Aug – 18 Nov 2018
- Govett-Brewster, New Plymouth —— 1 Dec 2018 – 31 Mar 2019
- Tairawhiti Museum, Gisborne —— 17 May – 28 July 2019
- Christchurch Art Gallery, Christchurch –– 28 Sept – 10 Nov 2019
- Waikato Museum, Hamilton —— 27 June – 4 Oct 2020
- [available for touring]