COVID-19 update: The Dowse is open
The Dowse Art Museum is open under Level 2 from Monday 18 May.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back into our museum.
To keep everyone safe, we’re taking the following precautions:
- When you arrive, one of our team will sign you in at our entrance for contract tracing
- If we have a lot of visitors, there may be a bit of a wait before you can come in (but luckily there’s delicious coffee and kai at Bellbird Eatery next door).
- If you’re sick, stay home
- Keep at least one metre away from other people
- Wash your hands when you arrive and leave. We’re well stocked with soap and sanitiser
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Be kind to our team and each other as we all get used to this new way of doing things
Bellbird Eatery is also open – so you can get a caffeine fix alongside a dose of art.
A huge kia ora to our small team, our exhibiting artists, our communities and our visitors for your ongoing support.
Play it safe, be kind and enjoy all the art we have to offer – we’re changing over several exhibitions, so some exciting new art experiences will be coming soon!
Exhibitions currently open: Ngā Hokohoko, A Short Run: A Selection of Lathe-Cut Records, Whatu Manawa: Celebrating the weaving of Matekino Lawless, To The Moon: Laurie Anderson & Hsin-Chien Huang (without the VR experience, as a hygiene precaution).