COVID-19 update: The Dowse is open
The Dowse is open (Tuesday to Sunday) during Alert Level 2.
- If you’re sick, stay home
- Help protect yourself, your whānau and your community by signing in our visitor register and to the NZ COVID Tracer app on arrival
- Try to keep a healthy distance away from other people
- Wash your hands when you arrive and leave. We’re well stocked with soap and sanitiser
- Wear a mask, if possible
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow
- Be kind to our team and each other.
The Dowse family lounge, Toi Hut, is closed until further notice, to help keep our tamariki & communities safe.
A huge kia ora to our kaimahi (staff), our exhibiting artists, our communities and our manuhiri (visitors) for your ongoing support.
Play it safe, be kind and enjoy all the art we have to offer.
Exhibitions currently open: Wild Domain: The Natural History of Jane Dodd Jewellery, Fool's Gold, Reuben Paterson: Black Matter, Terminus: Jess Johnson and Simon Ward, From The Ground Up: Community, Cultivation and Commensality, Veranoa Hetet: Creating Potential & Josephine Cachemaille: This Way That Way.