Our website is dedicated to promoting the events and activities of The Dowse Art Museum which is governed by Hutt City Council.
Your privacy is important to us, so we want to let you know:
- how we collect your information
- what we do with it
- your rights to view, correct or change it.
Note: If you are under 18 and you decide to post or send personal information to us or to other areas on the Internet, make sure you have permission of a parent or guardian first.
Opting in and opting out
You always have the option to opt in to and out of certain services (i.e. newsletters) whenever you want.
Accessing your information
The New Zealand Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct any personal information we hold on you. You can do this by contacting Hutt City Council’s Privacy Officer.
As part of The Dowse' operations, we may gather these types of information about our site's users:
Personally identifiable information
This is the information you give us when you sign up to our newsletters or programmes. Giving us this information will always be optional for you, but, if you chose not to, you might not get the service you're asking for. (i.e. We need your email address to send you a newsletter!)
This is the information we get from tracking traffic through our site. It doesn't personally identify you and it's not linked to any personally identifiable information that you've given us previously. (i.e. Google Analytics helps us see our most visited pages, but not who is visiting them.)
We won't share the information that we collect with any third parties, unless:
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised.
- The aggregated data may be shared with third parties such as sponsors or business partners.
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties only when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- We have your permission to share the information with specified third parties.
We collect this information to provide the best possible service to you while you're visiting our site. We may use the information that you provide:
- to verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services
- to process any transactions that you might make on our site
- to help provide any other services that you have requested
- to offer the most relevant information suitable to your and your interests
- for any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake
- for any other purposes for which you have given permission.
A cookie is more than a delicious biscuit. It's a small file that lives on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites.
A cookie doesn't give us any of your personally identifiable information, but it does tell us:
- your IP address
- the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows)
- the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape)
- what domain you are accessing our sites from.
We use this cookie information to:
- track traffic patterns to our site
- ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
- to keep you logged in each time you visit.
Not a fan of cookies? You can refuse them by turning them off in your browser and/or deleting them from your hard drive. You'll still be able to visit our site and see everything on offer.
For more information